Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
RINGMORE, or Rinmore, a small scattered village, near Bigbury Bay, 4½ miles S. of MODBURY, has in its parish 362 souls, and about 1400 acres of land, bounded on the south and east by the sea and the mouth of the river Aven. H. R. Roe, Esq., is lord of the manor, formerly held by the Fitzstephen, Fishacre, and other families. The Duke of Somerset and a few small owners have estates in the parish. The Church is an ancient fabric, with a tower and two bells, and the living is a rectory, valued in K.B. at £19. 10s. 7½d., and in 1831 at £309, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. G. Butland. The poor parishioners have a house, given by Fras. Kirkham, in 1768.