KINGSTON, a small scattered village, 3½ miles S.S.W. of Modbury, has in its parish 529 souls, and 2233 acres of land, extending westward to the Erme estuary and southward to Bigbury Bay. The manor of Kingston belongs to Rd. Julian, Esq., and that of Scobbescombe to T. Bulteel, Esq. The Wise family own Langston and Wonwell, and the Duke of Somerset and a few smaller owners have estates here. The Church is a small ancient structure, and the living is a curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Ermington.
1850 Gazetteer of Kingston England
MLA Source Citation:White, William. History, gazetteer, and directory of Devonshire. William White Publisher, 1850. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 29 August 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/genealogy/1850-gazetteer-of-kingston-england.htm- Last updated on Mar 1st, 2013
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at History Gazetteer and Directory of Devonshire 1850.