Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Richard R. Waite, a native of Windsor, Vt., came to Stowe August 15, 1842, and located upon the farm now owned by Luke Town. April 12, 1862, he removed ‘to the farm he now occupies, on road 40. Mr. Waite held the office of constable and deputy sheriff in 1857-’58 , was selectman in 1871 , chairman of the board of selectmen in 1879, ’80, and ’81 , and represented the town in 1878-’79. He has also been president of the Lamoille Valley Fair Ground Company six years, taught school ten winters, and led the choirs in the Methodist and Universalist churches thirty-five years.