Frederick H. Fullington of East Cambridge, son of John T. and Sylvia (Carpenter) Fullington, was born in Cambridge, Dec. 9, 1851. Ephraim Fullington came from Raymond, N. H., nearly a hundred years ago, and settled on the farm which has continued the property and residence of the family for four generations.
The present possessor of the estate received his early education in the district schools of Cambridge, and afterward pursued a course of study at the Johnson Normal School. The second of a family of four sons, he early displayed such energy and industry that he was the chief reliance of his father. When he became of age he rented the property, and has conducted it ever since, at the same time giving his father the shelter of a home. Dairying and the manufacture of maple sugar and syrup are his principal resources. His sugar orchard, numbering over two thousand trees, is one of the finest in the state, and has averaged four pounds to the tree in annual production.
Mr. Fullington was chosen to the Legislature of 1888 by the largest Republican majority given in the town of Cambridge. He has been selectman and road commissioner, and is now school director and school superintendent. He is a modest man, the possessor of good common sense, and of undoubted integrity.
He married, March 16, 1875, Emma, daughter of James F. and Clara (Davis) Taylor of Barton, by whom he has had two children: Fred Earl, and Stella Blanche.