Many years have come and gone since Orlando Canfield Munroe was called to his final rest, but the result of his labors is still manifest, as he was for many years a most progressive and energetic agriculturist and succeeded in transforming a large tract of land in Mount Pleasant Township into rich and productive fields.
W. L. Munroe, who is engaged in cultivating a farm of ninety-six acres in Mount Pleasant Township, has been a lifelong resident of the locality in which he now makes his home, for his birth occurred in Mount Pleasant Township, August 1, 1860, his parents being O. C. and Lavinia Munroe. The father, a native
Herbert P. Todd8, (Lorenzo U.7, Eli6, Solomon5, James4, James3, Samuel2, Christopher1) born March 14, 1860, married March 2, 1887, Mary Gilmore, of St. Charles, Minn. He has a large farm in Elba, Minn., where he and his sons are engaged in stock raising, having a herd of about forty head of registered Shorthorn cattle, including