Oak Hill Aid Society
The Native Oak Hill School and Chruch
A look at the turn of the 20th Century into the possibilities of an Industrial School system.
Indian Schools and Churches
On October 1, 1892, Rev. Edward Graham Haymaker became superintendent and continued to serve in that capacity until the spring of 1904.
The erection of the fine building known as Elliott Hall, was made possible by the receipt of a gift of $5,000 from Mr. David Elliott, of LaFayette, Indiana.
The story of Oak Hill as an Industrial Academy begins with the work of Miss Eliza Hartford of Steubenville, Ohio, the first white teacher in the “Old Log house”.
About October 1, 1888 Mr. and Mrs. James F. McBride arrived to take charge of the work as superintendent and matron.
As a means of enabling every one to manifest their decision to live a Christian life, Decision days were held frequently during the term.