- Access Genealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com -

Biography of W.W. Wade

Posted By Dennis On In Tennessee | No Comments

W. W. Wade, Judge of the Fifth Chancery Division of Tennessee, is a native of Dekalb County, born in Smithville in 1848, a son of Wm. M. and Caroline (Eastham) Wade. The Father was of Scotch-Irish descent, born in Virginia in 1826. His Father (grandfather of our subject), Wm. H., also a native of Virginia. He was a hatter by trade. After residing in Wilson County for a few years he located, in 1840, in Smithville, Dekalb County, where he passed the remainder of his days. Wm. M. studied law when a young man with Judge M. M. Brien, who afterward became his partner. About 1855 he entered into partnership with Judge Robert Cantrell, now of Lebanon, continuing until his death in 1858. His wife was born in Wilson County, Tenn., in 1828. After Mr. Wade’s demise she went to Nashville, in 1869, where she now resides. Of her five children three are living: Timothy W., a lawyer of Smithville; Louella, wife of Winfield Graves, a resident of Nashville, a produce dealer, and our subject who is the eldest living.

He received his literary education in the Fulton Academy at Smithville, and at the age of nineteen began the study of law, under John B. Robinson. In December 1876, he was admitted to the bar and immediately entered upon his practice. In 1873 he formed a partnership with Hon. Joseph Clark, which continued until 1877, when Mr. Wade was appointed clerk and master of the chancery court, by Judge W. G. Crowley. For six years he filled this office, making an efficient and able officer. In 1885 he entered into partnership with his brother, T. W. Wade. In August 1886, he was elected to his present position, commencing the discharge of his duties in September. His election was very complimentary. He had six opponents, and his plurality was upward of 1,500. He was one of the first aldermen, after the incorporation of Smithville. He is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church South; of the I.O.O.F., Pure Fountain Lodge, No. 217, Smithville, is also connected with the K. of H. and K. of G. R. He is an eminent and esteemed professional man and citizen.

In March 1875, he married Miss Mary E., daughter of Judge W. G. Crowley. Mrs. Wade is a native of Dekalb County, and the mother of two children: Wm. M. and Ida Belle. Mrs. Wade is an estimable lady and member of the Christian Church.


Article printed from Access Genealogy: http://www.accessgenealogy.com

URL to article: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/tennessee/biography-of-w-w-wade.htm

Copyright © 2013 Access Genealogy (http://www.accessgenealogy.com/). All rights reserved.