L. Snyder, hardware dealer, was born in Strausberg, Germany, in 1838; came to America in 1871, and located at Joliet, Ill.; moved to Mondamin, Ia., in 1880, and engaged in his present business.
B.B. Snyder, proprietor of the Stowell House, is a native of Pa.; came to Logan, Ia., in 1876, and engaged in the hotel business. He erected one of the first hotels in Mapleton, and opened his present house in 1881, which is in charge of his son, James S. Snyder.
F. L. Snyder, farmer, Section 23, P. O. Tekamah, is a native of Germany. When a child he came with his parents to Pennsylvania; there he assisted at farm work. In November, 1867, he came to Burt County, Neb.; owns now 440 acres of land, and feeds from fifty to eighty head of cattle a
Charles Snyder is the proprietor of the Juliaetta Hotel, and is practically one of the founders of the town, having secured the establishment of the post-office, and also promoted many of the leading enterprises of the place. His labors have been most effective in its upbuilding, and his name is therefore inseparably connected with its
Jonathan T. Snyder. One of the old homesteads of Williamsport Township in Shawnee County is that of Jonathan T. Snyder. He had been a resident of Kansas nearly fifty years, and during almost all that time had been continuously devoted to farming and stock raising. At the same time he had borne an infinential part
William P. Snyder, deceased, was for many years closely connected with the community interests in and about Dover, Shawnee County, and some record of his life and family connections should be entered in this publication. He was born in Fayette County, Ohio, October 8, 1828. His parents John and Malinda (Campbell) Snyder had three children,
LEWIS SNYDER. – How many of the thriftiest and most enterprising of our leading citizens have been born in Germany, and having torn themselves from the ties that bound them to native land and friends, have chosen this land as their abiding place! They are a class of which we may well be proud, and
Snyder, John Royal; attorney-at-law; born, Stark County, O., Feb. 11, 1876; son of John J. and Maria Shearer Snyder; educated, Mt. Union, 1899, A. B., Junior Scholarship prize; Harvard, 1909, L. B.; married, Massillon, Gertrude Smith; treas. Stark County, 1902-1906; deputy county treas. 1899-1902; treas. City of Canton, 1902-1904; member B. P. O. E., No.
Snyder, Harvey R.; attorney; born, Mapleton, O., Oct. 17, 1880; son of John J. and Maria Shearer Snyder; educated, Harvard College, A. B., 1905; Harvard Law School, LL. B., 1908; married, Alliance, O., March 20, 1910, Mary Charlotte Bracher; issue, one daughter, Mary Katherine Snyder; practising law in Cleveland since 1909; member Masonic Societies, and
Elmore W. Snyder. A resident of Kansas since 1878, and with possibly one exception the oldest living bank president in the state, Elmore W. Snyder, president of the Manufacturers National Bank of Leavenworth, had been actively identified with the commercial and financial history of Kansas for nearly forty years. He was born in the Village