The Northern Maine, its Points of Interest and its Representative Business Men manuscript provides historical sketches of the nine towns featured within it’s embrace, as well as biographical sketches of the businesses and the men and women who owned and ran those businesses found within the towns of Houlton, Presque Isle, Caribou, Ft. Fairfield, Danforth, Lincoln, Mattawamkeag, Winn, and Kingman.
The following information is an attempt to provide details into not only the history of Seneca Falls New York newspapers, but also the sources available online and offline for the genealogist and historian to access the newspapers, or transcriptions therefrom. Newspapers remain a vital source of material for genealogists. They often provide vivid insight into the lives of our ancestors unlike other factual records.
This history of Seneca County New York Press as transcribed from the History of Seneca Co., New York by Morrison in 1876. Provides a history of the printing industry in Seneca up until 1875.
Oil and Candle Manufacturers Judd L. S., Marion Organ Manufacturers Reynolds P., N. Bridgewater Marston A. B. Campello, Bridgewater Oysters and Refreshments (See Eating Houses) Nash J. E. Abington Douglas W. East Abington Gilman A. N., Bridgewater Fuller John, Bridgewater Hull J. C., Bridgewater Tripp B. F., Middleboro Union Saloon, Middleboro Grover R. B., No. Bridgewater Washburn and
A. Cary Judd, who has occupied various public offices, the duties of which he has discharged with promptness and fidelity, has a most creditable record. He was born in Frankfort, New York, April 16, 1850, a son of George. B. and Margaret Ann (Cary) Judd, the former a native of Connecticut, born March 26, 1801,
Hon. Byron Judd was a pioneer of Wyandotte County. He established his home in the village of Wyandotte in November, 1857, when Kansas was still a territory. He lived in the village, his capacities expanding with the growth of the community, and his personal position and influence rising as Wyandotte County grew and prospered, and
Bethel Todd6, (Stephen5, Stephen4, Samuel3, Samuel2, Christopher1) married Hannah, daughter of Jonathan and Hannah (Barnes) Tuttle, who was born Jan. 4, 1761. They lived near the foot of the ‘Blue Hills’ in the southwest corner of the town of Wallingford, Conn., on the farm previously owned by her father, and known ever since as ‘Tuttle’s
Calvin L. Judd, son of Levi Judd, was born in Geneva, New York, January 4, 1821, died September 20, 1889. He was a contractor and builder, and removed to Clifton Springs, New York, in 1866. There he followed his calling with great success, one of the most prominent buildings erected under his supervision being the
William Arthur, only son of Calvin L. and Mary N. (White) Judd, was born in Geneva, New York, October 12, 1858. His education was acquired in the public schools of his native city, and he came with his parents to Clifton Springs in 1866. For two years he was engaged in the drug business in
GEORGE W. JUDD. Left an orphan at the age of fourteen years, the boyhood and youth of George W. Judd, now a substantial farmer of Monroe Township and the owner of 160 acres of land on the Elwood. and Alexandria road, about three miles west of Alexandria, were anything but periods of inactivity. From the