Philemon C. Hardy, a prominent citizen of Cornish Flat, Sullivan County, N.H., well known as the proprietor of the Hardy Remedies, was born in the town of Cornish, March 5, 1840. He is a son of the late Samuel Hardy. His great-grandfather served as a soldier throughout the Revolutionary War, and Mr. Hardy is now
Arthur Sturgis Hardy, member of the Ontario Parliament and Provincial Secretary and Registrar, is a son of Russell and Juletta (Sturgis) Hardy, and was born at Mount Pleasant, County of Brant, December 14, 1837, both parents being descended of United Empire Loyalists. Russell Hardy, formerly a merchant in Brantford, is a native of Canada as
D.M. Hardy, deputy treasurer, was born in Glenwood, Ia., in 1851; removed with his parents to Harrison County, is son of Judge Hardy, one of the oldest settlers of this county and the first county judge. He is an extensive farmer, and one of the proprietors of Willow mill, the oldest mill in the county.
Capt. Robert Hardy, real estate dealer, St. Edward, was born in Botetourt County, Va., December 28, 1829, living there until seven years old. His parents then moved to St. Joseph County, Ind. He resided there most of the time until 1871. When nineteen years old he went to Niles, Mich., and learned the blacksmith’s trade,
Silas Hardy was born in Nelson, April 3, 1827, and made his home there till twenty-nine years of age. He graduated at Dartmouth in 1855, taught the following year, in Foxcroft academy, Me., studied law in the office of Hon. Levi Chamberlain, at Keene, and was admitted to practice, at Newport, N. H., September, 1858.
Private, Q. M. C.; of Lenoir County; son of Milton and Della Hardy. Entered service July 3, 1918, at LaGrange. Sent to Ft. Thomas. Transferred to Camp Meiggs, then to Camp Meade, going from there to France Aug. 31, 1918. Returned to USA July 2, 1919. Mustered out at Camp Lee, Va., July 17, 1919.
Sergt., Regt. Hdqrd. Co., 30th Div., 120th Regt.; of Edgecombe County; son of R. L. and Mrs. Sallie Hardy. Husband of Mrs. Jamie Olivia Hardy. Entered service Oct. 3, 1917, at Tarboro, N.C. Sent to Camp Jackson, S. C. Transferred to Camp Sevier, S. C., then to Camp Merritt. Sailed for France May 12, 1918.
Private, 1st Class, Inf., Co. H, 30th Div., 120th Regt.; of Halifax County; son of Benj. and Mrs. Martha Hardy. Husband of Mrs. Pear (Seagrave) Hardy. Entered service Oct. 3, 1917, at Littleton, N.C. Sent to Camp Jackson, S. C. Transferred to Camp Sevier, S. C. Sailed for Calais, France, May 28, 1918. Promoted to
THOMAS MORRIS HARDY, The prosperity and advancement of a community depend upon the social character and public spirit of its members and in every prosperous town or country center may be found citizens who take leadership and give their energies not atone to their well being but to the things that make better and fuller
Charles W. Hardy, who owns one of the most fertile farms in Boscawen, Merrimack County, was born in Warner, N.H., July 19, 1834, son of Ozias and Lavinia (Barton) Hardy. His grandfather, Silas Hardy, was a prosperous farmer, who resided for a time in Hopkinton, N.H., from which town he removed to Warner. Ozias Hardy