6. MERRILL3 COBURN (Richard2, Merrill1) was b. Feb. 12. 1820, a twin brother of Mitchell; m. Nov. 9. 1847, Susan S. Fellows of Cornish, dau. of John and Temperance (York) Fellows, b. Aug. 14, 1821, and d. March 12, 1905, in Reading, Vt. He d. July 5, 1882. Children: i. A child, b. and d.
1. ASA COBURN, b. -; m. first, -, Letta , b. -. She d. in 1789; m. second, -, Mary -, b. -; d. Oct. 1, 1807. Children by Letta, b. in Grantham and Cornish: i. ROBERT, b. April 9, 1783. ii. DANIEL, b. Feb. 23, 1785; d. young. 2. iii. ASA, JR., b. March
4. RICHARD2 COBURN (Merrill1) was b. Oct. 21, 1785; m. first, Nov. 4, 1809, Sally French of Wallingford, Vt., b. in 1756, and d. May 11, 1849; m. second, Nov. 20, 1849, Lucy Mathews of Cornish, b. April 22, 1813. After Mr. Coburn’s death, she m. June 8, 1870. Dea. Arunah Burnap of Cornish and
2. ASA COBURN, JR., b. March 2,1787; m. Jan. 2, 1810, Sally Page of Cornish, dau. of Joshua and Marjorie ( ) Page, b. April 17, 1785. Their children were: i. ESTHER PAGE, b. Aug. 4, 1810. ii. CHARLOTTE, b. Feb. 7. 1812. iii. ALMIRA, b. Dec. 15, 1813.
DANIEL2 COBURN (Asa1) was b. March 16, 1789; m. first, Oct. 22, 1807, Sabra Follett, b. 1787 (?), d. March 26, 1820, aged 33; m. second, Oct. 10, 1821, Mrs. Lois Woodbury, wid. of Isaiah Woodbury, who had d. Nov. 16, 1819, aged 33. Children, both by first wife: i. MELANCY, b. Sept. 17. 1808.
1. MERRILL COBURN came from Dracut, Mass., date uncertain, and settled in that part of Grantham afterwards annexed to Cornish. He was b. May 17, 1753; m. -, Abigail . b. July 12, 1751, and d. Jan. 4, 1848. It is said he was a soldier of the Revolution, probably from Mass. He d. in
2. PHINEHAS2 COBURN (Merrill1) b. Sept. 6, 1778; m. April 14. 1803, Hannah French of Cornish, dau. of Ephraim and Comfort (York) French, b. June, 1778. It appears that they settled in E. Wallingford, Vt., as several of the family were reared there. The record of their children is deficient in order and in dates,
3. SIMON2 COBURN (Merrill1) was b. May 25,1780; m. -, Ruth Eaton, b. in Haverhill, Mass., May 24, 1781, and d. in Cornish April 8, 1857. He was a farmer and d. Dec. 19, 1863. They lived many years in Salem and afterwards in Pelham and settled in Cornish about 1820. Children, all except the
Three men of this name came from Dracut, Mass., and settled in the northeast part of the town, in that part of Grantham afterwards annexed to Cornish. Their ages, and that of their children, were nearly contemporaneous, leading us to believe they were brothers. Their names were Dudley, Asa and Merrill. The record of the
5. STILLMAN3 COBURN (Richard2, Merrill1) was b. Feb. 15, 1816; m. May 20, 1840, Martha W. Mathews. b. Nov. 8, 1815, d. Aug. 29, 1889. Always res. on or near the Flat. He was a blacksmith. He d. March 17, 1875. Children, all b. on the Flat: i. MARTIN VAN BUREN, b. June 11, 1841;