13. JESSE JOHNSON4 BARTLETT (Peletiah3, Nathaniel2, Samuel1) was b. Nov. 16, 1823; m. June 4, 1854, Elmina Dunham of Mansfield, Conn. He d. Oct. 21, 1854, leaving one child, Martha J., b. May 28, 1855, who m. Nov. 23, 1886, Henry Clark Kendrick. After Mr. Bartlett’s death, his wid. m. March 23, 1866, Edwin Harvey
15. DANIEL D.5 BARTLETT (Hiram4, John3, Nathaniel2 Samuel1) was b. Aug. 27, 1856. He m. Aug. 16, 1883, Rebecca Bryant of Windsor, Vt. A farmer and resided on the homestead of his father. He d. Jan. 23, 1911. Children, all b. in town: 1. ELMER CLEVELAND, b. Dec. 30, 1884; m. June 28, 1908, in
PLORIVAL BARTLETT, with Sarah, his wife. was probably of the same stock as the other Bartletts. but his relationship to them is unknown to the genealogist. They lived several years in town, but left it for some place in the West in 1840. Children, all supposed to have been b. in town: i. A child,
14. LYMAN4 BARTLETT (Lyman3, Nathaniel2, Samuel1) was b. March 21, 1854, in Cornish; m. Dec. 9, 1874, Clara E. Dunsmoor, b. Sept. 16, 1854, and d. Sept. 27, 1893. “Affections tribute here I raise, ’tis all that I can do, Till death shall close my earthly days, our friendship to renew.” (Epitaph on her tombstone.)
8. HORACE L.4 BARTLETT (John3, Nathaniel2, Samuel1,) was b. Sept. 21, 1822; m. May 28, 1845, Cornelia A. Weld of Cornish, dau. of Peleg and Patty (Foster) Weld, b. April 15, 1823; and d. May 12, 1861. Lived in Bridgewater, Vt. He d. April 16, 1860, by accident while logging. Children: i. RODNEY J., b.
9. SYLVESTER NATHANIEL4 BARTLETT (Nathaniel3-2, Samuel1) was b. June 3, 1819; m. in Woodstock, Vt., -larch 29, 1847, Emeline R. Hart, b. May 10, 1824, in Pomfret, Vt. In -larch, 1867, he, with his family, left Cornish and settled on a farm in Claremont; where they spent the remainder of their lives. He d. April
10. EDWIN P.4 BARTLETT (Nathaniel3-2, Samuel1) was b. Jan. 13, 1832; m. March 20, 1856, Emeline E. Wood of Cornish, dau. of Aril K. and Emeline (Day) Wood, b. Jan. 23, 1835. A farmer, also a teacher of instrumental music. He d. April 16, 1876. Children, all b. in town: i. JULIA ELLEN, b. Nov.
11. HENRY FRANKLIN4 BARTLETT (Peletiah3, Nathaniel2, Samuel1) was b. Nov. 9,1820; m. NoV. 26, 1855, Sarah A. Dunham of Mansfield, Conn., b. June 21, 1830, d. Feb. 9, 1887. He d. Feb. 20, 1909. Children: i. SOPHIA A., b. , 1857 (?) : d. Sept. 25, 1863. ii. HERBERT HENRY, b. Sept. 15, 1867; m.
Among the tombstone records of Cornish is that of Dea. John Bartlett, who was b. in 1727, and d. June 8, 1797. By his side are the remains of his wife, Jemima Downer, who was b. in 1732, and d. aug. 17, 1818. The records also show that during the early years of the town
2. NATHANIEL2 BARTLETT (Samuel1) was b. in 1755. He came to Cornish with his parents; m. -, Anna Fitch of Cornish, b. in 1762, and d. May 30, 1838. He d. Sept. 7, 1838, aged 83. Children, all supposed to have been b. in town. By the census of 1790 Mr. Bartlett had a son