Among the early practitioners at the bar of Christian County, none surpassed in profound legal attainments Rezin Davidge. He was a brilliant and forcible speaker, an excellent judge of law, and a faithful and conscientious attorney. Strength of mind and purity of purpose were his leading traits. In his profession of the law, these made
Hiram Charlton took on the publication of the Genealogical and Family History of the State of Vermont for Lewis Publishing. In it, he enlisted the assistance of living residents of the state in providing biographical and genealogical details about their family, and then he published all 1104 family histories in two distinct volumes.
In this volume will be found a record of many whose lives are worthy the imitation of coming generations. It tells how some, commencing life in poverty, by industry and economy have accumulated wealth. It tells how others, with limited advantages for securing an education, have become learned men and women, with an influence extending
United States Soldiers of the Civil War Residing in Michigan, June 1, 1894 [ Names within brackets are reported in letters. ] Eaton County Bellevue Township. – Elias Stewart, Frank F. Hughes, Edwin J. Wood, Samuel Van Orman, John D. Conklin, Martin V. Moon. Mitchell Drollett, Levi Evans, William Fisher, William E. Pixley, William Henry
On the 1st of January, 1915, John P. Barry assumed the duties of the office of register of deeds and at the same time he is engaged in the abstract business in Racine, with which he has long been connected. He was born in Newton, Iowa, August 31, 1881, a son of David T. and
“Richard Barry” was born in Pennsylvania, of Scotch-Irish descent, and joining the great southern emigration of that period, he settled in Mecklenburg county, in the bounds of the Hopewell congregation, many years previous to the Revolution. In this vicinity he married Ann Price, and raised a numerous family. A.M. Barry, Esq., who now (1876) resides
Barry, David. J.; D. J. Barry & Co.; general insurance; born, Cleveland, 0., July 16, 1877; educated, Cleveland public schools; began career as office boy for the firm of Binghm, Douglass & Squire, 1891; when firm was dissolved, went with C. B. Squire; afterwards appointed mgr. of the local dept. of the insurance firm of
Rev. James J. Barry since his ordination as a priest of the Catholic Church had been identified with various Kansas missions and pastorates, and in the fall of 1915 became pastor of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church at Humboldt. Organized Catholic services were first held in Humboldt in 1866. The first church was begun in that