Johnson, John H.
The following data is extracted from Biographical Sketches, Coles County, Illinois - Morgan Township.
John H. Johnson (deceased), farmer and minister; born in Washington Co., Penn., Dec. 12, 1812, where he attended school in his youth-the last few years at the college at Waynesburg, Penn.; after which he was licensed as a minister of the C. P. Church, officiating as circuit preacher until his removal to Ohio, where he was settled as local preacher for three years, until his removal to Coles Co., Ill., about the year 1854, where he first settled as Pastor of the C. P. Church in Ashmore Tp. for several years; then in Morgan Tp. until 1868; at the above date, he emigrated to Jasper Co., Mo., where he purchased ninety acres of land, upon which he labored while not engaged in his ministerial labors, until the fall of 1877, when he removed to Carthage, Mo., after renting his farm, that he might have better facilities for the education of his daughter; here he lived until his decease, which occurred Jan. 31,1878, after an illness of ten days; his remains were brought back to Coles Co., Ill., and buried in the beautiful cemetery near St. Omer, Ashmore Tp., by the side of his first wife, to whom he was married in Pennsylvania; her maiden name was Lucinda Hamson; she emigrated to Illinois with him, and died during his ministerial labors in Ashmore Tp; his marriage with Nancy (Rardin) Gollady was celebrated Feb. 13, 1856; she was a sister of John and Jacob L. Rardin; born in Campbell Co., Ky., April 22, 1824, and emigrated with her parents, Samuel and Catharine Rardin, to Morgan Tp. in the fail of 1842; her first marriage with George Gollady was celebrated April 22, 1852; he was born April 23, 1819, and emigrated from Virginia about the year 1836, and located in Morgan Tp., where he lived until his decease, which occurred Feb. 3, 1854; Mrs. Johnson has one daughter by her last marriage, viz., Teresa C., born in Coles Co., Iii., March 13, 1859; Mrs. Johnson, with her daughter, returned in the fall of 1878, and again located upon her farm in Morgan Tp., where she resided previous to her removal to Missouri.
Source: Biographical Sketches, Coles County, Illinois - Morgan Township