Murray, Charles B.
The following data is extracted from The Book of Clevelanders, A Biographical Dictionary of Living Men of the City of Cleveland, Burrows Book Company, 1914.
Murray, Charles B.; chemist and metallurgist; born, Worcester, Mass., April 6, 1866; son of Peleg F. and Mary Prince Murray; educated, common schools at Worcester; took B. S. degree at Polytechnic Institute, at Worcester, Mass., in 1887; married, Attleboro, Mass., Jan. 29, 1890; Ellen Lincoln Robinson; issue, two children, Philip F., and Mildred A.; after leaving school, asst. chemist at Joliett Steel Co., Joliett, Ill.; spent a year in Buena Vista, Va., as chemist, and a year with the Minnesota Iron Co.; January, 1893, was appointed chief chemist and metallurgist at the Eliza Johnson Works, of the Carnegie Steel Co.; remained with this company until 1904; then started a commercial laboratory in Pittsburgh; in March, 1907, sold out and came to Cleveland, forming partnership with Benedick Crowell, as Crowell & Murray, chemists, metallurgists and mining engineers; member National Geographic Society, Engineers Society, Western Penn., American Institute of Mining Engineers, American Chemical Society, and Society of Chemical Industry; member Emmanuel Lodge, No. 605, F. & A. M., Cleveland Chapter, No. 148, R. A. M.; member Athletic and Tennis Clubs. Recreations: Tennis, Squash and Bowling.
Source: The Book of Clevelanders, A Biographical Dictionary of Living Men of the City of Cleveland, Burrows Book Company, 1914