Chase, Charles W.
The following data is extracted from The Book of Clevelanders, A Biographical Dictionary of Living Men of the City of Cleveland, Burrows Book Company, 1914.
Chase, Charles W.; trustee of The Estate of Edwin Cowles; born, Edinburg, O., Aug. 8, 1846; son of Charles W. and Eliza Brown Chase; attended public school in Portage county, O., and High School at Newton Falls, O.; married, Cleveland, Aug. 1, 1872, Almira F. Cowles; one daughter, Helen (Mrs. E. C. Bassett) ; treas. of the City, April, 1895-1899; in clothing and men's furnishing business from 1870 to 1890, at No. 15 Public Square; director Chamber of Commerce, 1905-1906; pres. of The Cleveland Leader Co., 1901-1905; sec'y, treas. and director The Electric Smelting & Aluminum Co.; sec'y and director The W. B. Davis Co.; director The Bruce & West Mfg. Co.; trustee The Society for Savings; 30 years clerk of the Second Presbyterian Church Society; elder Second Presbyterian Church; member of The National Union, and for many years a director and at intervals treas. and vice pres. of the Y. M. C. A.; member Union and Tippecanoe Clubs; summer home at Cayuga, N. Y., the homestead property of Mrs. Chase's mother, the late Mrs. Edwin Cowles, who was born and raised there; she was the daughter of the late Judge Mosley Hutchinson.
Source: The Book of Clevelanders, A Biographical Dictionary of Living Men of the City of Cleveland, Burrows Book Company, 1914