Robertson, William L.
The following data is extracted from Reminiscent History Of The Ozark Region, pub. Goodspeed Brothers, Publishers, Chicago 1894.
WILLIAM L. ROBERTSON. Among the worthiest of the representative business men of Christian County, Missouri, stands the name of William L. Robertson, whose standing is high for character, ability and enterprise. He is the eldest but one of the children born to James W. and Martha J. (Payne) Robertson, his birth occurring in Stone County, Missouri, February 23, 1858, at the mouth of Finley Creek. There our subject resided with his parents until three years of age, when they removed to Greene County on Grand Prairie, a mile and a half south of Republic and made their home there for two years. Thence they moved to Iowa, where they remained until 1864, when they came to Ozark, Christian County, Missouri Our subject received the rudiments of an education in the common school and finished in Drury College. After leaving school, he engaged in farming and followed that for three years near Ozark, on the old home place, a mile and a half from that city. He married Miss L. F. Crain, a native of this county, born about four miles north of Ozark, and the daughter of one of the old pioneers, A.C. Crain. (See sketch.) Mr. and Mrs. Robert-son are the parents of three living children and have lost two: Annie S. (died in infancy), Ross, Clyde, Myrtle (who died at the age of thirteen months) and Arthur. Ross and Clyde are attending school. Mr. Robertson is now residing in Ozark, where for ten years he has been a member of the old firm of J. W. Robertson & Sons. He has been fairly successful in business, as he was in agricultural pursuits, and is highly respected in the community. In political matters he is a strong advocate of Democratic principles. Socially he is a member of the Masonic fraternity at Ozark, Lodge No, 352, and the A.O. U. W. at that place, Lodge No. 257. Both he and wife are worthy members of the Christian Church, and he is one of the most reliable business men in the city.
Source: Reminiscent History Of The Ozark Region, pub. Goodspeed Brothers, Publishers, Chicago 1894