Wallace, Preston A. C.
The following data is extracted from Reminiscent History Of The Ozark Region, pub. Goodspeed Brothers, Publishers, Chicago 1894.
PRESTON A. C. WALLACE. An active and progressive system in any profession or line of business, when based upon principles of honor, is sure to bring success, and an illustration of prominence gained through these means is seen in the record of Preston A. C. Wallace, of Heber, Arkansas He was born in Williamson County, Tennessee, in 1841, and is a son of Alfred F. and Ann (Moore) Wallace, who were born in Alabama, from which State they moved to Tennessee, thence to Arkansas in 1841, locating in Independence County. The father died there in 1848, after which his widow married Archibald Burns, and died in Stone County. Mr. Wallace was a well to-do farmer, and during the Mexican War was captain of a company in Col. Yell's regiment. Preston A. C. Wallace was one of four children, was the youngest of the family and is the only one now living. He spent his boyhood in the vicinity of Batesville, in Independence County, and owing to the early death of his father saw many ups and downs before the war, and since the early age of thirteen years has fought the hard battle of life on his own responsibility. In April, 1863, he joined an independent company, which formed a part of Maj. Christman's battalion, and held the rank of orderly sergeant throughout the war. He was in all the engagements of the Missouri raid, from Ironton to Fayetteville, was a brave, faithful and useful soldier, but was compelled to leave the service in the spring of 1863, after which he returned home and commenced anew the occupation of farming in the vicinity of Batesville. He continued this occupation in Independence and Stone Counties up to 1874, when he took up his residence in Franklin County. In 1887 he made a location in Cleburne County, near Heber, and after farming the R. R. Case farm for three years, he bought the farm of 123 acres on which he is now residing, and sixty acres of fine bot-tom land about one mile away. His success has been the result of his own good management and energy, and he is deserving of great credit for his upright and manly walk through life, as well as for the property of which he has become the owner. In 1860 he led to the altar Miss Elizabeth Fullbright, a daughter of Andrew Fullbright, and of ten children born to them, eight are now living, all of whom are at home with the exception of one who resides in Indiana. Mrs. Wallace is a member of the Presbyterian Church, and Mr. Wal-lace has always supported the men and measures of the Republican party.
Source: Reminiscent History Of The Ozark Region, pub. Goodspeed Brothers, Publishers, Chicago 1894