The following data is extracted from Muskogee And Northeastern Oklahoma.
Anderson Wilson, farmer and contractor, residing two and one-half miles southwest of Delaware, Nowata County, was born on the Verdigris River, Indian Territory, on the 11th of February, 1888, a son of Adam and Amanda (Bascumb) Wilson, natives of Kansas. His father was three-quarters Muncie Indian and the mother was a Delaware. Upon the outbreak of the Civil war, Adam Wilson enlisted in the cavalry, becoming a member of Company Three, Fifteenth Regiment, Kansas Volunteers. He was likewise a scout with Custer. Both parents are deceased.
In the acquirement of an education Anderson Wilson attended the schools of Nowata, Oklahoma, and Lawrence, Kansas, and upon putting his textbooks aside engaged in oil drilling and pumping, in which line of business he has since been active, achieving more than substantial success. His farm consists of seventy acres, two and one-half miles southwest of Delaware and there are now five producing wells on the land, from which he is drawing handsome royalties, and there will be as many more in operation in the near future. He owns a fine drilling outfit and is drilling all the oil on his land in addition to filling outside contracts. Mr. Wilson also devotes a portion of his time to the raising of hogs and chickens and he has won prominence in that connection throughout the County.
For many years Anderson Wilson has been active in the affairs of the Delaware tribe and he was a delegate to Washington, D. C., in 1921, in their interests. He was accompanied by Stephen A. Miller and they called upon the commissioner of Indian affairs, C. H. Burke, to adjust a financial matter which could not be given satisfactory attention by correspondence. They also called upon Senators Harreld and Curtis and Miss Alice Robertson, Oklahoma's congresswoman, Mr. Wilson and Mr. Miller were shown through the capitol and other buildings of importance and Mr. Wilson feels that they were accorded every possible privilege.
In 1906 was celebrated the marriage of Mr. Wilson to Miss Lillie Parker, a daughter of George and Mary (Bigfield) Parker, both of whom were born in Kansas, of Delaware descent. Mr. Parker is residing at Chelsea, this state, but the mother is deceased. Mrs. Wilson had two brothers in the World war. John W. Parker was in the aerial service, in the mechanical department, and was overseas eleven months. The other brother, Elmer S., was in the infantry but the armistice was signed shortly after his arrival in France. To the union of Mr. and Mrs. Wilson six children have been born, those living being: Ethel Quay, Titus Anderson and Dorothy IF. Those who have died are: Floyd, Mary and Carl.
Mr. Wilson is one of Nowata County's most public-spirited citizens and there is no movement undertaken for the development and improvement of the general welfare but is assured his stanch support. He is a man of forceful character, kindly and charitable, and his friends are legion. Mr. Wilson stands six feet, one, in height and weighs two hundred and fifteen pounds.
Source: Muskogee And Northeastern Oklahoma