Anderson, G. T.
The following data is extracted from Muskogee And Northeastern Oklahoma.
G. T. Anderson, an enterprising agriculturist of Washington county and a well known and highly respected resident of this part of the state, was born March 15, 1876, and is of Delaware extraction, his parents being William and Mary Anderson, both of whom have passed away. He acquired his education in the public schools of Bartlesville and on starting out in life independently chose the occupation of farming, with which he has since been identified. He cultivated a ranch on Coon creek, in Washington county, until 1920, when Mrs. Anderson purchased the home farm of eighty acres two and a half miles northeast of Dewey, on which has been erected an attractive bungalow, and Mr. Anderson is devoting his attention to general agricultural pursuits. He is the owner of an eighty-acre tract on the Caney river, five miles northwest of Dewey, on which there are three producing oil wells, and he receives a good income from this property. He utilizes the most practical methods in the cultivation of his land, for broad experience has given him an expert knowledge of the basic principles of agriculture, and he is deeply interested in all modern developments along this line of work.
On the 5th of December, 1905, Mr. Anderson was united in marriage to Miss Ollie Beaver, a daughter of John and Lizzie Beaver, both now deceased. Three children have been born to this union : Lillian Lennetta, born November 15, 1908; Irene, born August 25, 1911; and Jodie, born March 27, 1921. Mrs. Anderson acquired her education in the government school at Chilocco, Oklahoma, and is a devoted wife and mother. Energy, perseverance and thrift are recognized the world over as the foundations of material prosperity and these three qualities are possessed by Mr. Anderson, who enjoys the esteem of many friends and whose labors have resulted in placing him among the successful agriculturists of his part of the state.
Source: Muskogee And Northeastern Oklahoma