Green, Alfred F.
The following data is extracted from History of San Mateo County.
Alfred F. Green was one of San Mateo County's most loyal citizens, spending the greater part of his life within its limits, until his recent death in December 1909.
He was a native of Vermont, coming to California as early as 1853,
settling first in San Francisco where in 1855 he was married to Mary C. Tilton. In 1858 he moved to San Bruno where he went into the dairy business, remaining there until 1865, when he removed to Millbrae, and established himself there in the same business. At Millbrae he joined with D. O. Mills and was with him for twenty years.
At the end of this period he was engaged by the Spring Valley Water Company to superintend the building of their concrete dam at Crystal Springs. He continued with this company until his death at Millbrae,
Mr. Green was a member of the Board of Supervisors for thirty years, and served one term in the legislature in the sixties.
Source: History of San Mateo County