Powers, Allan R. Dr.
The following data is extracted from History of San Mateo County.
The thriving industrial center and model city of South San Francisco exerts a strong attraction upon the professional man as well as the captain of industry and business man. This is exemplified by the coming to this community of Dr. Allan R. Powers and other capable professional men who saw an excel field wherein to build up a desirable practice.
Dr. Powers was located at Rio Vista, Solano County for two years before coming to San Mateo County Before he took up his study of medicine he was in the United States Forest Service.
Dr. Powers received his university education at the University of California, graduating in 1901, with a degree of B. S. He attended Cornell and Yale in the east, and received his degree of M. F. from the latter institution in 1904. He graduated from Cooper Medical College as M. D. in 1912.
In addition to an extensive practice already acquired in South San Francisco, he is the District Surgeon at that city for the Southern Pacifc Co.
Dr. Powers was born at San Rafael, California, on May 23, 1881, and has been a resident of this state for thirty-four years. His home is now at 628 Grand Ave., South San Francisco.
In the month of August, 1913, Dr. Powers was married in Sacramento. He had one child, Edith Cornelia Powers, who died December 21, 1915.
Dr. Powers is a member of the Rio Vista Chapter of the K. of P., 165; Moose 832; Imp. Order of Redmen, Tippecanoe 111; Fraternal Brotherhood, and San Mateo County Medical Society.
Source: History of San Mateo County