Beer, Frederick Ernest
The following data is extracted from History of San Mateo County.
Frederick Ernest Beer, one of the proprietors of the San Mateo Garage, came to San Mateo in 1907, and with his partner, Mr. C. B. Morton, opened the San Mateo Garage and Machine Works. Since then the business has steadily grown, and today is one of the largest on the Peninsula.
Mr. Beer's early business training fitted him splendidly for the managership of a garage. By profession he was a mechanical engineer and for six years he was connected with a firm which manufactured mine supplies. He traveled into all corners of the globe installing mining maichinery. He was also engineer on various steamship lines running out of San Francisco and New York.
Mr. Beer has his share of civic pride, and every movement for the welfare of the community finds an enthusiastic supporter in him. At present Mr. Beer is Master of the San Mateo Masonic Lodge.
Frederick Ernest Beer was born in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Canada, on June 20, 1880. He has been in California fourteen years. Mr. Beer was married in San Francisco on May 23, 1903 and lives with his family at 335 Griffith Avenue.
Source: History of San Mateo County