The following data is extracted from Muskogee And Northeastern Oklahoma.
Robert, Harris, proprietor of the Alamo Pharmacy of Muskogee, has been a lifelong resident of this section of the state, his birth having occurred in Muskogee county, about eight miles south of the city of Muskogee, on the 19th of December, 1882. He is a son of P. C. and Angeline (Davis) Harris, of whom mention is made elsewhere in this work in connection with the sketch of their son, Dr. James G. Harris.
Robert Harris, spending his youthful days under the parental roof, pursued his education in the old time subscription schools of Muskogee county until he had mastered the elementary branches of learning, while later he entered the Cherokee Male Seminary at Tahlequah. He afterward pursued a business course in Hill's Business College at Sedalia, Missouri, and subsequently spent two years in working for his father upon the home farm. In January, 1908, he entered the employ of Judge Jackson as minute clerk in the county court and filled that position for two years. He was afterward with the Muskogee County State Bank, of which he was one of the organizers, acting as assistant cashier for a year, after which he was promoted to the cashiership and served in that capacity until 1912, when the bank was nationalized, being transformed into the Exchange National Bank. Mr. Harris continued to act as assistant cashier of the institution until 1913, when he removed to Morris, Oklahoma, and was made vice president of the First State Bank at that place. After two years there passed, he sold his interest in the bank in 1915 and came to Muskogee, where he purchased the drug store of which he is now the proprietor and which is being successfully conducted under the name of the Alamo Pharmacy. He likewise turned his attention to the live stock business, in which he is still engaged in connection with his three brothers. Together they own a splendid ranch of about nine hundred acres and they make a specialty of raising pure bred Hereford cattle. Mr. Harris divides his time between his stock raising interests and the pharmacy and he is still a stockholder in the Exchange National Bank of Muskogee.
At the time of the World war Mr. Harris started for the front but got only as far as the depot when the armistice was signed. His religious faith is that of the Methodist Episcopal church and fraternally he is connected with the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks. He votes with the democratic party and his interest in the public welfare is manifest in many tangible ways. Practically his entire life has been spent in Muskogee county and that the record is a creditable one is shown by the fact that many of his staunchest friends are those who have known him from his boyhood to the present time.
Source: Muskogee And Northeastern Oklahoma