Hall, Fred C., M. D.
The following data is extracted from A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans.
Fred C. Hall, M. D. Of the men devoted to the science of healing in Republic County few bring to bear upon their calling larger gifts of scholarship and resource than Dr. Fred C. Hall, of Cuba. Far from selecting his life work in the untried enthusiasm of extreme youth, the choice of this genial practitioner was that of a mature mind, trained to thoughtfulness by years of practical experience as an agriculturist and to a full realization of the possibilities and responsibilities which confronted him.
Doctor Hall was born in Madison County, New York, in 1856, and is a son of Fred and Hannah (Hatch) Hall, natives, respectively, of New York and Massachusetts. He belongs to a family of Swedish origin, which dates its connections back to William the Conqueror, and whose members, belonging to the Quaker faith, have been noted for their activities in the professions, particularly as preachers and physicians. His paternal grandfather was William Hall, who was born at Portsmouth, Rhode Island, March 29, 1767, and who, by two marriages, became the father of twenty-two children. The oldest daughter of William Hall became the wife of Rev. Brinton Darlington, who was sont as one of the first agents to the Indiana Territory and who was a noted preacher and educator of his day. Fred Hall, father of the doctor, had thres sons: Ed, who is engaged in business as a contractor; Fred C., of this review; and Tom, who is a surveyor by vocation.
Fred C. Hall received his early education in the graded and high schools of Madison County, New York, and was reared on the home farm. In 1883 he decided to seek his fortune in the west, and at that time located on a farm in Kansas, although it was not until 1888 that he settled in Republic County. For a number of years he continued to devote himself to the cultivation of the soil, but with the accumulation of property came the desire to entor a learned vocation, an ambition which was realized when he graduated from the Kansas Medical College at Washburn with the class of 1900. Upon receiving his diploma Doctor Hall returned to Republic County and established an office at Cuba, where he had since been in the enjoyment of a constantly increasing practice. He is a member of the Republic County Medical Society, the Kansas State Medical Society and the American Medical Association, and is recognized in his profession as a thorough, studious and learned practitioner who brings to his practice an adherence to the highest professional ethics. Politically he is a republican and had served as county committeeman of his party for seven years. He had contributed to the good government of his community by serving ably and faithfully as clerk and member of the school board and in the capacity of police judge, an office which he held for three terms. His citizenship, the quality of which had never been doubted, had found expression in his support of worthy movements.
Doctor Hall married in 1887 Mrs. M. Q. Pepper, and they are the parents of two sons: Roger D. and George O., both at home. In his religions belief Doctor Hall still clings to the faith of his forefathers. He had been successful in a material way as he had been professionally, and at this time is the owner of 480 acres of fine prairie land in Trego County.
Source: A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans