Harris, Curtis L.
The following data is extracted from A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans.
Curtis L. Harris has been a practicing attorney at El Dorado for the past thirty years and during that time had been identified with the business and political movements which have made Butler County prominent.
Mr. Harris was reared near Alliance, Ohio. at which place he attended school and was graduated in 1883 from Mount Union Gollege. He began the study of law in the office of Hon. David Fording at Alliance, and was admitted to practice in Butler County, Kansas, in 1887, after completing the then usual course in the law office of Judge C. A. Leland, with whom he afterward formed the partnership which continued for eighteen years.
In 1910 Mr. Harris was elected, on the republican ticket, to the State Senate from the Twenty-fifth District. Since the termination of his term of office he had given his entire attention to the practice of law. During his residence in El Dorado he had taken an active part in public affairs, serving as chairman of the County Republican Committee and as member of the City Council and School and Library boards.
In 1885 Mr. Harris was married to Miss Mary L. Miller, of North Benton. Ohio. They have one daughter, now Mrs. Frank W. Robison, of Towanda, Kansas. Mr. Harris' success had been that which comes from adhering to ideals, close attention to business and hard work.
Source: A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans