The Baptist Church of Harrisville, New Hampshire
The following data is extracted from Harrisville, Cheshire County, New Hampshire History.
The Baptist church and society, located at Pottersville, was organized by Elder Ballou and his son, Maturin, at the house of John Muzzey, December 7, 1785, with thirty members, the Rev. Maturin Ballou being the first pastor. In 1829 the church was re-organized and now has about seventy members. The church building was originally built in 1997, was re-modeled in 1830, and was removed and again re-modeled in 1844. It will seat 175 persons and is valued at $2,500.00. The Sabbath-school has sixty scholars, with C. Albert Seaver, superintendent.
Source: Harrisville, Cheshire County, New Hampshire History