The First Congregational Church
The following data is extracted from Gilsum, Cheshire County, New Hampshire History.
The First Congregational church, located at Gilsum village, was organized by a council convened for the purpose, October 28, 1772, with eighteen members, Rev. Elisha Fish being the first pastor. Their church building, erected in 1834, is the successor of one built in 1793. It cost about $1,200.00. The society now has fifty members, with Rev. George W. Rogers, pastor. The society has also a Sabbath-school with 150 scholars, Robert Cutbett superintendent.
Source: Gilsum, Cheshire County, New Hampshire History