The Third Congregational Church
The following data is extracted from Alstead, Cheshire County, New Hampshire History.
On the 3d of August, 1842, this church was organized, located at Alstead village. It grew out of the inconvenience undergone by the people in this vicinity reaching the other churches, and was made up of members as follows: twenty from the church at the Center, eight from the church at Langdon, one from the church at Acworth, and one from the church at East Alstead, making, with three who united by profession, thirty-three in all. Their first minister, Rev. Darwin Adams, remained about three years, and was succeeded by Rev. John Lawrence. Their church building, erected in 1843, is a neat wood structure capable of seating 250 persons, and valued, including grounds, etc., at $2,500.00. The society now has twenty-five members, with no regular pastor. It has also a Sabbath-school with fifty-five members.
Source: Alstead, Cheshire County, New Hampshire History