Addison - Postmasters
The following data is extracted from History Of The Town Of Addison, Addison County, Vermont.
The first post-office in the town was established at Chimney Point about 1823, with Amos B. Chubb, postmaster. He held the office about two years, and was succeeded by Byron Murray, and he by Asahel Barnes, sr., who held the Office until he went to Burlington, in 1841, when Dr. Prentiss Cheney had it for a time; then Dr. David C. Goodale, and finally, in the autumn of 1847, it was taken by Asahel Barnes, Jr., who has been continued in the office up to the present time.
At the Corners a very early postmaster was Gideon Seeger. The present incumbent of the office, Miss R. E. Watson, succeeded Stephen Gregory in 1876.
West Addison has for its postmaster Milo Everest.
The Town Line office, only established about two years ago, is held by Elisha Smith.
Source: History Of The Town Of Addison, Addison County, Vermont