The following data is extracted from Gazetteer of Lamoille County, Vermont, for 1883-84.
The second family that located in the town was that of Abiathar Wetherell, who came from Westmoreland, N. H., in 1798. In 1803, there came from the same place Zephaniah Leach and his four sons, Stephen, Nathan, William, and Jacob. He first settled on East hill, above where Nathan Page now lives , but afterward removing to the village, in connection with his son Nathan he built the first saw and grist-mill in town.
Source: Gazetteer of Lamoille County, Vermont, for 1883-84