Bacon, V. N.
The following data is extracted from Gazetteer of Lamoille County, Vermont, for 1883-84.
V. N. Bacon came to this town, from Williamstown, Vt., in 1850, and located upon "Mt. Lookout farm," on the west side of Elmore pond, in 1850, where he resided until his death, in 1874. His son, Oliver D., now resides on the farm, where, in 1878, he established Camp Bacon, a resort for campers and picnicers. This is a beautiful location for boating and fishing, is supplied with boats, a camp-house 15x25 feet, and all the accessories of a resort of this kind, and is well patronized each season.
Source: Gazetteer of Lamoille County, Vermont, for 1883-84