The following data is extracted from Gazetteer of Lamoille County, Vermont, for 1883-84.
William Melendy came from New Hampshire about the year 1812, and located upon a farm in that portion of the town which was subsequently annexed from Sterling. He reared ten children, five of whom settled in the town. William, the oldest, born in 1819, now resides on road 8. He represented his town in the legislature in 1878. Nathaniel, a twin of William, Sr., came into the town with his brother, and located in the eastern part, where he resided until 1835, and then removed to the northern part, where he died in 1862. Of his family of eleven children, four are now residents of the town. Alfred, one of the younger children, born in 1823, resided on road 8. Crosby Melendy, son of Nathaniel, reared a family of four children, three of whom settled in the town. John F. Melendy, born here in 1852, has resided in the town all his life, with the exception of four years.
Source: Gazetteer of Lamoille County, Vermont, for 1883-84