Weld, Hiram M.
The following data is extracted from History of the Town of Cornish, Sullivan County, New Hampshire.
HIRAM M.8 WELD (John7-6, Moses5, John4, Joseph3, John2, Joseph1) was b. April 12, 1831; m. first, Oct. 3, 1860, Alice M. Hamblet, dau. of Daniel and Eliza (Spaulding) Hamblet, b. Dec. 20, 1832; and d. March 20, 1881. Before his m. he spent a few years in Cal., acquiring a love for that section which seemed inherited by his children as several of them have tried their fortunes there. He lived on his return in the stone house built by Mr. Hamblet. A farmer and butcher. He m. second, Jan. 17, 1888, Nellie M. Gillingham. No issue. She d. Feb. 13, 1890. He d. May 8, 1901, in Claremont. Children, all by Alice and b. in Cornish:
1. LIZZIE A., b. Aug. 23, 1861. Lives in Cal.; m. March 6, 1883, Alden Farnsworth.
2. HATTIE A., b. June 11, 1863; m. July 8, 1883, William D. Dow of Cornish. She d. in Cal., Sept. 12, 1889. No issue.
3. DANIEL HAMBLET, b. May 28, 1864.
4. FRED HEWETT, b. April 14, 1865. Settled in Cal.; m. Dec. 25, 1890. Two children in 1895.
5. KATIE, b. Aug. 21,1866; d. Sept. 9, 1866.
6. ADA MAY, b. Jan. 8, 1871. Lives in Cal.
Source: History of the Town of Cornish, Sullivan County, New Hampshire