The following data is extracted from History of the Town of Cornish, Sullivan County, New Hampshire.
JOHN7 WELD (John6, Moses5, John4, Joseph3, John2, Joseph1,) was b. Aug. 20, 1785; m. Aug. 26, 1811, Mary Hilliard of Cornish, eldest dau. of Amos Avery and Sarah (Huggins) Hilliard, b. Dec. 9, 1794; d. March 12, 1862. A farmer and lived on the farm since owned and occupied by Levi R. Dole. The last few years of his life he lived on the old homestead on the hill. He d. Dec. 3, 1867. Children, all b. in Cornish:
1. HARVEY, b. Feb. 9, 1812. Went west; died young, unm.
2. MARY, b. Feb. 8, 1814; m. Nov. 9, 1837, Aurin Johnson of Cornish. Three children. (See Johnson.) She d. June 26, 1874.
3. ELIZA, b. Jan. 15, 1816; m. , Lorenzo Morrison. Lived chiefly in Claremont. Two children; d. Aug. 21, 1884, in Cornish.
4. GEORGE WASHINGTON, b. Dec. 28, 1817.
5. CHESTER FRANKLIN, b. Jan. 23, 1820; m. -, Annette Tenny of Windsor, Vt. Three children. An engineer; d. Sept. 21, 1887, in Lowell, Mass.
6. SOPHRONIA, b. March 18,1822; d. April 7, 1881. Never m.
7. DEBORAH P., b. Oct. 17, 1824; m. April 15, 1852, William C. Smith of Cornish. Three children. (See Smith.) She d. -.
8. JOHN A., b. May 19,1827; m. Oct. 12, 1853, Maria A. Smith of Greenbush, Mass. Two children. A silver plater. Went west in 1867; and d. June 14, 1875, in Brighton, Ill..
9. HIRAM M., b. April 12, 1831.
10. HARVEY, 2D, b. Feb. 17, 1837; m. April 23, 1871, Isabel Horner of Lowell, Mass. One child. A plumber. Was a soldier in the 6th Regt., Mass. Vols.; d. in Soldiers' Home, Chelsea, Mass., Nov. 12, 1903.
Source: History of the Town of Cornish, Sullivan County, New Hampshire