The following data is extracted from History of the Town of Cornish, Sullivan County, New Hampshire.
JOSHUA3 Atwood (Joshua2, John1) was b. March 13, 1756; m. Sarah McAdams, b. March 19, 1773. He d. May 5, 1813. She d. Sept. 20, 1846. Children, all b. in Cornish except the first two:
1. BETSEY, b. Oct. 8, 1798; m. Dec. 26, 1814, Curtis Knight. She had ten children. They buried a dau., Melinda, in town, who d. May 2, 1833, aged 11, Res., -. She d. Feb. 27, 1888.
2. DANIEL., b. Aug. 26, 1800.
3. JOSHUA, twin, b. May 19, 1802.
4. MEHITABLE, twin, b. May 19, 1802: she m. Aug. 26, 1824, John Emerson. Five children. They lost a son in town April 20, 1833 (John, Jr.), aged 3. Res., Piermont, N. II. She d. Jan. 29, 1885.
5. ROBERT, b. June 7, 1804; m. first, Oct. 24, 1833, Elvira Maria Nutting, dau. of Timothy Nutting, Esq., of Claremont, b. Nov. 3, 1812. By her he had four children. She d. -. He m. second, Nov. 26, 1850, Harriet L. Smith of Cornish, dau. of Constant W. and Sarah (Hilliard) Smith, b. July 21, 1817, by whom he had three children. Previous to his first marriage at the age of 21, he studied medicine. Graduated as M.D. at Dartmouth, then removed to Weathersfield, Vt., and established himself in a successful practice of his profession, which he followed until his death, Nov. 15, 1874. His second wife d. Dec. 26, 1900, in Farmingdale, N. Y. His two oldest sons, Edwin F. and Robert N., chose their father's profession, the first practicing in Acworth, N. H., and the other, after serving as surgeon in the army during the Rebellion, located in Brooklyn, N. Y. Dr. Atwood's eldest dau., Elizabeth, came to Cornish and became the wife of George D. Kenyon, Esq., June: 26, 1866. She d. in Cornish Aug. 8, 1885, aged 49. She left one dau., Florence; m.
6. JOHN, b. March 3, 1806; m. Dec. 4, 1834, Mary Ann Newhall of Weathersfield, Vt., b. Jan. 7, 1816. He res. in Hanover, and Perkinsville, Vt. He d. in Perkinsville, Vt., June 4, 1878. Eight children. His eldest dau., Abbie H., m. Daniel Chase of Cornish, where she lived until the death of her husband, Nov. 21, 1885. Since then in Malden, Mass., and Claremont. No children.
7. WILLIAM, b. Nov. 10, 1807; d. Sept. 3, 1810.
8. DAVID, b. Aug. 18, 1809.
9. SARAH, b. Feb. 18, 1811; m. Dec. 18, 1832, Benj. S. Fletcher of Cornish. Five children, all b. in Cornish. (See Fletcher.) She d. Sept. 14, 1893.
10. HANNAH, b. Sept. 13, 1813; d. April 19, 1833.
Source: History of the Town of Cornish, Sullivan County, New Hampshire