Diller Genealogy - Page 46
The following data is extracted from The Diller Family, By JL Ringwalt.
Turnpike, fifteen miles east of Lancaster, and has issue named Anna Margaret, who married Michael Witmer, and has issue; Henrietta Caroline, who married B. Frank Kinzer, and had children named Kate (deceased) and Maria; Louisa, who married Reuben Seidel, and had ten children; Elizabeth, who married Dr. Samuel Welchens, surgeon dentist, of Lancaster, and has several children; Emma, who married Bodo Otto, of Williamsport, and has issue; Edwin Henry, a lawyer in Lancaster, Horace A., a lawyer in Reading; Harriet C., Clarissa A., and Cr. W. Scott, who married Emma Glue, and has issue.
4. The descendants of Margaretta Diller, who married Frederick Baker, in this generation, include the following: --
A.) The children of Rev. John Baker Clemson, of Caymont, Delaware. His first wife was Margaret Bull, and their children were Lizzie, who married Fisher Hazzard, of Mauch Chunk; Annie, who married George L. Washington; Thomas G., who married Miss Ogden, of New York; and Maratha. Mr. Clemson's second wife was Phoebe Waln Lewis, of Philadelphia, and their children embraced a daughter, now dead, who married Mr. Joseph Hartel, and a daughter named Mary.
2. Louisa Clemson married Dr. Walter Washington, of Charlestown, Jefferson County, Virginia, who was a great-nephew of General George Washington, and a nephew of James Madison, the fourth President of the United States. Their children were Lucy, who married John Packett, a descendant of Gen. Packett, of the Revolutionary Army; Christine, who married Mr. Washington, a son of John A. Washington, who formerly owned Mount Vernon; George L., who married Annie Clemson (as mentioned above), and Annie Steptoe, who married Thomas A. Brown, of Jefferson County, Virginia.
3. Thomas Breen Clemson married Anna, daughter of Hon. John C. Calhoun, formerly United States Senator from South Carolina, and had four children, two of whom died in infancy, a daughter, Florida, now dead, wife of Mr. Gideon Lee, of New York, and a son named Calhoun, who is now dead.
4. Elizabeth Clemson married Hon. George Washington Barton, a distinguished lawyer, and judge of one of the courts of Philadelphia, and had one daughter named Kate.
5. William married Susan Dore, of Nova Scotia.
6. Catharine married George Washington North, of Philadelphia, and had eight children; one died in infancy; Clemson, who married Harriet Delford, of Mauch Chunk, and now lives in Wilkes-Barre; George H., who married Hat tie Robins; William Frederick, who married Fannie Delleker; Rev. Walter North, who married Mrs. Eleanor Clinton, of Buffalo; and Bessie, Clarence, and Herbert.
Source: The Diller Family, By JL Ringwalt