Owen of Tedsmore
The following data is extracted from Owen Family Records.
The 3rd son of Thomas Owen, of Llunllo, who lived to an
advanced age, was E138.
E138 HUGH OWEN: M. D. of Shrewsbury, where he resided professionally, until his cousin, in the 7th degree, Mrs. Sarah Owen (last of the family of Woodhouse) made a deed of gift of the Woodhouse estate in his favour, whither, at her request, he moved; d. 1764; he previously made a will, bequeathing Woodhouse back to Mrs. Sarah Owen, who made a new settlement of the property. (See Owen of Woodhouse.) To Dr. Owen's other property, his sister-E139.
E139 Martha Owen: succeeded, and her husband, Richard Bulkeley
Hatchett, erected the mansion house at Tedsmore, on her
(1) Bulkeley Hatchett, of Ellesmere: b. 1750; s. his younger brother in
(2) Hugh Hatchett: b. 1851-E140.
(3) Mary Hatchett: d. unm.
(4) Sarah Hatchett.
E140 HUGH HATCHETT: s. to Tedsmore and other estates of the Owen
family; assumed that surname; d. unm. 1818, when his estate passed to
his elder brother.
E141 BULKELEY HATCHETT, of Ellesmere: d.1830.
(1) Thomas Bulkeley: late of Tedsmore Hall-E142.
(2) Hugh James: d. 1791.
(3) Samuel Bulkeley: b. 1792; d. unm. 1817.
E142 THOMAS BULKELEY BULKELEY: b. 1790; adopted the surnames
of Bulkeley-Owen as heir to a branch of that family; d. 1867; s. by eldest
(1) Bulkeley Hatchett: b: 1825-E143.
(2) Thomas Mainwaring Bulkeley: now of Tedsmore Hall-E144.
(3) Frances Marianne Eliza: m. and has issue.
E143 BULKELEY HATCHETT BULKELEY: d. s. p. 1868; s. by his brother
E144 REV. THOMAS MAINWARING BULKELEY BULKELEYOWEN,
of Tedsmore Hall, Salop: b. 1826.
(2) Rev. Roger Carmichael-E145.
(3) Letitia: m. 1783, Rev. Sir Edward Kynaston (who s. his brother, under
the special limitation as 2nd Baronet).
E145 REV. ROGER CARMICHAEL: Rector of Camolin, co. Wexford;
(2) Loftus: Major-Gen. in the Army; b. 1786; d. s. p. 1865.
(3) William: Fellow of St. John's Coll., Cambridge; b. 1792; d. unm. at
(4) Richard: (Rear-Adm.) ; 1796-1863.
(A) Richard Cliffe: b. 1846.
(B) Charlotte Maria: d. unm. 1891.
(5) George Annesly: M. D. and B. A. Trin. Coll., Dublin; b. 1797.
(6) VERY REV. FREDERICK: Rector of Aghold, co. Wicklow; Dean of
Leighlin ; b. 1800.
(A) Frederick William: Solicitor; b. 1828; d. s. p. in Australia.
(B) Henry Lindsey: b. 1832; d. s. p. 1886. -
(C) William: b. 1834; d. s. p.
(D) Bedell: b. 1837; d. s. p. in Sydney, 1886.
(H) Frances Maria.
(I) Thomasina Lucy.
E146 ROBERT: Col. in the Army; 1784-1867.
(1) Roger Carmichael Robert: Capt. in the Shropshire Militia; b. 1828; d.
v. p. in Marceilles, 1865, unm.
(2) Walter Charles Edward: late Kynaston, of Hardwick-E147
(3) Loftus (Rev.) : Vicar of St. Giles, Shrewsbury; 1831-1888.
(A) James Loftus: b. 1861.
(B) Rev. Loftus Meade: b. 1864.
(C) Roger Carmichael Robert: b. 1866.
(D) William Charles McCarthy: b. 1867.
(E) Charlotte Mary: d. 1909.
(F) Gertrude Emma Owen: d. 1894.
(G) Walter Kynaston: 1878-1890.
(H) Mary Sophie: twin with her brother, Walter.
(4) William, of Sydney, N. S. W.; Chief Judge in Equity; b. 1834.
(A) Langer Meade Loftus: b. 1862.
(5) Mary Frances: b. 1832; d. unm. 1846.
(6) Charlotte Elizabeth: 1833-1872.
E147 REV. WALTER CHARLES EDWARD KYNASTON, of Hardwick, co. Salop: M. A. Trin. Coll., Dublin; b. 1830. Mr. Kynaston assumed, by Royal License, 1868, the name and arms of Kynaston, only, on succeeding to the Hardwick estates, in accordance with the will of his cousin, Mrs. Evelyn Sutton. He d. 1903, and was s. by his only son.
(1) Walter Roger: now of Hardwick-E148.
(2) Amy Frances.
(3) Maud Charlotte.
(4) Marian Annette.
E148 WALTER ROGER OWEN KYNASTON, of Hardwick, co. Salop: Lord of the Manor of Plas-y-dinas, Montgomeryshire; b. 1874; s. his father 1903.
(1) John Roger: b. 1914.
Source: Owen Family Records