The following data is extracted from A history of the town of Sullivan, New Hampshire, 1777-1917.
John Wright m. Mary and res. Dunstable. Benjamin2 Wright, son of John1, b. at Dunstable, d. Milford, N. H., res. at Mile Slip (afterwards Milford); m. Betsey Adams of Dunstable (now Nashua). Of their eleven children eight were b. in Mile Slip, and the last three in Milford:
- Benjamin, b. May 20, 1775; d. Sept. 19, 1777.
- Benjamin; Betsey; Ira; Joel, 1, b. Jan. 26, 1784; Oliver; Sally; Mary; Lydia; Nehemiah and Gratia.
- Joel3 Wright, son of Benjamin2, was the fifth minister and third settled pastor of the First Cong. Church of S. See page 409. According to the Milford, N. H. records, he was b. Jan. 26, other authorities give it Jan. 27, 1784. Res. in the old Muzzey house while in S.; he was an invalid the last ten years of his life and died at South Hadley, Mass., June 8, 1859; m. Lucy W. Grosvenor, b. Paxton, Mass., Dec. 8, 1785; d. Fond DuLac, Wis., Oct. 18, 1861; dau. of Rev. Daniel and Deborah (Hall) Grosvenor of Petersham, Mass. Ch.:
- Daniel Grosvenor4, b. Leverett, Mass., Sept. 22, 1813, d. in Poughkeepsie, N. Y., Dec. 29, 1897; m. May 25, 1836, Aletta Van Brunt; dau. of Jeremiah of New Utrecht, L. I. In Sullivan he lived where Mrs. Amos Wardwell recently lived. He was then a farmer. He afterwards studied for the ministry, took orders in the Protestant Episcopal Church, and became a D. D. See an account of him on Page 590. Ch. b. Sullivan:
- Jeremiah VanBrunt5, b. June 11, 1838.
- Joel Williston5, b. July 30, 1840; d. at Lake Placid, N. Y., Sept. 2, 1912.
- Joel W.4, b. Leverett, Mass., Nov. 24, 1815; d. at Brattleboro, Vt., July 6, 1832.
- Thomas Spencer4, b. Leverett, Mass., Jan. 10, 1818; m. Caroline A. Warner of Greenwich, Mass. He was a physician and surgeon, res. Fond DuLac, Wis., and d. Brookline, Mass., Jan. 7, 1890.
- Lucy4, b. Leverett, Mass., Apr. 2, 1820; d. Oct. 4. 1821.
- Lucy Sophia4, b. Goshen, Mass., Aug. 30, 1822; m. Alfred L. Hoyt of Boston, a dental surgeon. She d. at Chicago, Ill., Oct. 26, 1889. They had res. at Fond DuLac, Wis.
- Eliza A.4, b. Goshen, Mass., May 18, 1827; d. Hartford, Conn., June 24, 1877; m. John A. Martin of Hartford.
- Ira Bulkley4, b. Wilmington, Vt., May 23, 1830, was a merchant in Enfield, Mass.; m. Jan. 1, 1856, Elizabeth Trask of Enfield, Mass.
Source: A history of the town of Sullivan, New Hampshire, 1777-1917