The following data is extracted from Town History of Fryeburg, Maine.
Grover Post, No. 126, was organized by sixteen veterans of Fryeburg and Lovell on Dec. 24, 1884. Wm. C. Towle was chosen first commander, Tobias L. Eastman and others completing the staff, the itemized list of which was burned in the recent fire. The membership increased until at one time there were sixty-nine members. For about two years the meetings were alternated between this village and Lovell, which arrangement was followed by the formation of Parker Post at the latter village. Grover Post now numbers 35 members. Grover Circle, No. 11, was formed by the ladies as a relief corps. The present officers of the post are E. J. Brackett, P. C.; Orrin R. Barrows, S. V. C.; J. H. Johnson, J. V. C.; Henry Andrews, Q. M., and T. L. Eastman, Adjt.
Source: Town History of Fryeburg, Maine