The following data is extracted from Rogers Family Records.
U165 ELIJAH ROGERS: (father was Scotch and mother English, names unknown);
b. 1824; m. Nancy Beech; d. 1907.
(1) Elizabeth: b. 1846, near Marion, Ind.
(2) Willa: b. 1847; near Marion, Ind.
(3) John: b. 1848; m. Amanda Whitmore; later m. a second time.
Ch.: Oscar Christopher, Maude, Marion, Louis, Elsie, Daisy,
Thomas, John and one other child.
(4) Christopher Columbus: b. 1849; m. Maria Serepta Drown. Ch.:
Clarion Lou (b. 1879); Cassa Carmeleta (b. 1881; m. J. T. Nicholas;
has two ch.: Martha Elizabeth: b. 1915, and Roger Leland: b.
1918), Flora Leontine (b. 1883), Cecil Merle (b. 1884; m. Ruth
Elizabeth West, 1921).
(5) Jake S.: b. 1853; m. Margaret Jane Shawalter. Ch.: Gertrude and
(6) Rachel: b. 1856, near Marion, Ind.
(7) Joel: b. 1858; m. Kit Delancet. Ch.: Nellie, Edna, Ray, Birdie and
(8) Francis Marion: b. 1864; m. Mabel Mann. Ch.: Floy and Edith.
Source: Rogers Family Records