Bell of Thirsk
The following data is extracted from Bell Family History.
A101 RALPH BELL.
A102 Robert, of Sowerby: 1615-1711.
A103 Ralph, of Sowerby: d. s. p. 1735. He was succeeded by his nephew.
A104 Ralph Consett, of Brawith Hall, who assumed under his uncle's will, the surname of Bell : d. 1770.
A105 Ralph, of Thirsk: b. 1720.
(1) John, A106.
(2) Robert, of Kildale: b. 1768.
(A) Marianne.: m. Edmund Turton.
(3) Marianne,: m. 1798, Rev. Henry Gale, M.A.
A106 John, of Thirsk: b. 1764.
(1) Ralph: b. 1804, d. y.
(2) John, of Thirsk: b. 1809; d. unm. 1857, having devised the estate to his nephew.
(3) Frances ,: m. 1823, Rev. Wm. MacBean.
(A) Frederick , of Thirsk Hall: b. 1830; J. P. and D. L.; Capt. North York Rifles; assumed name and arms of Bell , by Royal License 1852, and d. s. p. 1875.
(B) Archibald: b. 1832; d. s. p. 1868.
(C) Alfred: 1833-1847.
(D) Frances : m. 1847, Rev. Henry Smith: d. 1859.
(a) Reginald, now of Thirsk Hall: A107
(c) Frances Elizabeth.
(d) Josephine Henrietta
(E) Elizabeth : m. 1859, Henry Robert Markham.
A107 Reginald, of Thirsk Hall, co. York : b. 1848; assumed the surname and arms of Pell by Royal License, 1877.
(1) John, J. P. North Riding Yorks : b. 1879; Ch: Robert (1907), Peter (1912).
(2) Frederick : Capt. Gordon Highlanders, b. 1881.
(3) Rev. Ralph: b. 1884.
(4) Violet Eva: m. 1902, Frederick G. Walker.
(5) Henrietta May: m. 1905, Ulick Roland Burke.
(6) Evelyn Heather.
Source: Bell Family History