Hamilton, Henry Alexander
The following data is extracted from Centennial History of Missouri.
Henry Alexander Hamilton, now serving as first associate city counselor of St. Louis, has been an active and successful representative of the legal fraternity here during the past twenty-three years and since 1907 has practiced his profession in association with his brother under the firm style of H. A. & C. R. Hamilton. A native son of St. Louis, he was here born on the 1st of February, 1877, his parents being Alexander and Mary (Wiegand) Hamilton. His early education was obtained 1n the public schools ,of St. Louis and In January, 1895, he was graduated from the Central high school. Having decided upon a professional career, he then entered the St. Louis Law School, which conferred upon him the degree of LL. B. at his graduation in June, 1898, at which time he was awarded a prize for the best thesis. It was on the 1st of June, 1898, that he was admitted to the Missouri bar and he at once took up the active work of his profession, practicing alone until September 1, 1907, since which time he has been in partnership with his brother under the style of H. A. & C. R. Hamilton. He has practiced extensively in the circuit and appellate courts, being accorded an important and profitable clientage. His legal learning, his analytical mind, the readiness with which he grasps the points in an argument all combine to make him one of the most capable attorneys of the city, and the public and the profession acknowledge his power as a member of the bar. He is now filling the office of first associate city counselor, making a most creditable and commendable record in this connection.
Mr. Hamilton is a republican in politics and from 1909 until 1911 served as a member of the house of delegates as representative from the seventeenth (now eighteenth) ward. He Is a valued member of the Civic League and along strictly professional lines Is identified with the St. Louis Bar Association, the Missouri Bar Association and the American Bar Association. His religious faith is that of the Episcopal church, while his fraternal connections include membership in St. Louis Lodge, No. 5, I. O. O. F. He served as grand high priest of the grand encampment of Missouri in 1909-10 and he is likewise Identified with the Masons as a member of Occidental Lodge, No. 163, A. F. & A. M., and with the Elks as a member of St. Louis Lodge, No. 9. He also belongs to the Mercantile Club and has ever manifested the deepest interest in all plans and projects instituted to promote municipal progress or advance the general welfare. In St. Louis, where his entire life has been spent, his position 1s an enviable one in both professional and social circles.
Source: Centennial History of Missouri