Brandle, Theodore C.
The following data is extracted from Centennial History of Missouri.
Theodore C. Brandle, who is at the head of the Traffic Motor Truck Corporation of St. Louis, is a self-made man, who. starting out in life empty-handed, has worked his way steadily upward. lie has made notable progress as a result of his unfaltering determination, his carefully formulated plans and his keen business discernment. St. Louis has reason to be proud of him as one of her native sons, for he was born in this city February 2, 1894, his parents being Charles P. and Belle (Keeler) Brandle, both of whom were natives of St. Louis, where they still make their home.
Theodore C. Brandle, their only child, was educated in the public schools and afterward pursued a teacher's course and when but sixteen years of age taught school in Jefferson county, Missouri. In 1910 he returned to St. Louis, accepting a position with the Bell Telephone Company, with which he remained for a short time. He then entered an automobile repair shop in order thoroughly to learn the business, desiring to acquaint himself with automobile construction. He afterward took a position as salesman for a retail automobile house and in 1914 organized the Westcott Motor Sales Company, operating under that name for a time and then changing the name to the Brandle Motors Company. His business was at that time located on South Grand Avenue. As the years passed his patronage developed and caused him to seek larger quarters, which he found at Cbaning & Lindell cutoff where he handled the Westcott and Chevrolet machines. In 1917 he associated himself with Wilson & Mammen and organized the Traffic Motor Truck Corporation, the location being at 5200 North Second street. Mr. Brandle is the vice president o1 this company and has been a large contributing factor toward the success of the company. His great ambition has been to be a manufacturer and leader in his line and today he is heading a company that ranks as the largest motor truck builders in the world.
Mr. Brandle was united in marriage in 1919 to Viola Heiman, and they have two children: June, born November 30, 1917; and Elaine Viola, born April 6, 1921. The family residence is at 333 North Dickson avenue, Kirkwood. Mr. and Mrs. Brandle are members of the Evangelical church and Mr. Brandle also belongs to the Masonic fraternity. He is likewise connected with the Algonquin Club, the National and St. Louis Auto Clubs, the Associated Industries, the National and St. Louis Chamber of Commerce and the Mississippi Valley Association. His entire career has been marked by steady progress and today he is one of the prominent figures in connection with motor transportation in the country.
Source: Centennial History of Missouri