Grey, David Langton
The following data is extracted from Centennial History of Missouri.
David Langton Grey, a certified public accountant of St.. Louis, is a native of Edinburgh, Scotland, his birth having there occurred August 22, 1875, his parents being John Edward Ogilvie and Lydia Margaret (Gavin) Grey. In the acquirement of his education, he attended George Watson's College, and afterward entered the Edinburgh University, from which he was graduated with the class of 1893, thus becoming well qualified for life's practical and responsible duties. He started upon his business career in the same year, in connection with the firm of A. &. J. Robertson of Edinburgh, with whom he continued until 1901. Being desirous of trying his fortune in America and testing the truth of the favorable reports which he had heard concerning better business opportunities on this side of the Atlantic he resigned his position and sailed for the United States.
From 1901 until 1903 Mr. Grey was with the firm of Patterson, Teele & Dennis of New York, and then came to St. Louis, where he entered the employ of Price, Waterhouse & Company, chartered accountants of New York, whom he is now representing as St. Louis manager, a position which is indicative of his high professional standing and capability.
Mr. Grey was married in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1906 to Miss Wilhelmina Isabella Christianson Hay of that city, and they have become parents of two daughters: Wilhelmina Minnetta and Gladys Gavin. The religious faith of the family is that of the Episcopal church, and Mr. Grey's appreciation for the social side of life is manifested in his membership in the Noonday, Racquet and University Clubs. He turns to tennis, literature and music for recreation. He belongs to the Business Men's League and to the Civic League of St. Louis. He has never had occasion to regret his determination to come to the new world, where through the development of his power, his fidelity and interest, he has worked his way steadily upward to a responsible position in the business circles of St. Louis.
Source: Centennial History of Missouri