Reller, J. F. Otto
The following data is extracted from Centennial History of Missouri.
J. F. Otto Reller, a representative of real estate interests in St. Louis, has the unique distinction of carrying on business in the same house in which he was born, his natal day being July 7, 1864. His father, August F. Reller, was a native of Hanover, Germany, and came to America in 1839 in company with his parents, when he was but three years of age. After attaining adult years he was engaged in the grocery and feed business and long remained an active factor in the commercial circles of this city, in which he passed away in 1907. He married Anna Marie Appel, also a native of Germany, but who was brought to America by her parents when quite young, their marriage being celebrated in St. Louis in 1861. They had a family of three sons and three daughters.
J. F. Otto Reller, the second in order of birth was educated in the parochial schools, in Walther College, and in the Jones Commercial College, while still later he pursued the course of law in the Sprague Law College of Detroit, Michigan, from which he was graduated in 1907, with a very high standing in his class. During that time he was engaged in the grocery and feed business in connection with his father and remained in that association until 1908, when he turned his attention to the real estate business and through the intervening period of more than twelve years has remained active as a real estate operator. He knows thoroughly the value of property and what is on the market and his enterprise and diligence have resulted in the promotion of many important real estate transfers. He is also the secretary of the Industrial Site Company, which is now opening a large industrial site for manufacturing purposes.
In St. Louis, in 1893, fir. Reller was married to Miss Agnes M. Rohlflng, a daughter of H. T. Rohlflng, president of the College of Pharmacy. Mr. and Mrs. Reller have two daughters: Marie A. and Alice M. Mr. Reller is a charter member of Grace Evangelical Lutheran church and Is serving as its vice president. This Is the largest Evangelical Lutheran church in St. Louis.
Mr. Reller is a republican in his political views and is active in his support of the party, ever recognizing and meeting the obligations and duties of citizenship while enjoying its privileges and opportunities. He has for more than twenty years been an active advocate of river and harbor improvements. He is a member of the Riverview Club, the Chamber of Commerce and the North St. Louis Business Men's Association, of which organization he was president in 1906. During the World war he acted as captain of the district of North St. Louis for the sale of Liberty bonds and was one of the speakers in behalf of the promotion of the sale of War Savings Stamps. He represents a family that for more than eight decades has been connected with St. Louis and he has long occupied a creditable position among the progressive and representative business men of the city.
Source: Centennial History of Missouri