The following data is extracted from The Descendants of Rufus Edwards and Ruth (Huestis) Edwards.
Michael3Huestis, b. Aug. 8, 1772; m. at Kinderhook, Columbia County, N. Y., Margaret (called Peggy) Gordinier, who was b. Jan. 3, 1773 ; she d. Feb. 24, 1823,; her mother’s maiden name was Holmes. Michael Huestis came to Rodman, N. Y., in 1810, from Warren, Herkimer County, N. Y.; he settled in the northern part of the town ‘where he engaged in farming; he served as Justice of the Peace for many years, and was in the mercantile business in Rodman. He d. May 8, 1849; both he and his wife are buried at Rodman.
1. Hannah Huestis, b. December 17, 1797 ; d. May 11, 1869 m. George W. Jenks ; four children: Mary, Alonzo, Maxwell, and Laura Ann. Mary m. Giles Glass; she owned the parrot called “Paul”. Family buried at Rodman.
2. John Huestis, b. April 30, 1801 ; d. Jan. 26, 1858.
3. Valariah Huestis, b. Jan. 27, 1803 ; d. Dec. 3, 1832 ; buried at Rodman; m. Levi Lawton; three children; Chancey, Orrin, and Jackson.
4, 5, and 6, were triplets : Anna, Annis, and a boy who d. at birth ; b. in 1809.
(a) Anna Huestis, m. Eber Cole Budlong at Rodman; moved to Darlington, Wis.; d. there Jan. 17, 1864, and is buried in Union Grove Cemetery; five children: Phoebe Anna, David Huestis, Eber C., Jr., Medora E., and Charles Rose.
(b) Annis Huestis; m.. William Wood; two sons: Charles and Peck.
7. Michael Huestis, Jr., b. June 4, 1810 ; d. June 11, 1811.
8. David Huestis, b. June 10, 1812; d. Sept. 17, 1890 ; m. Anna Maria Hills (h. Oct. 21, 1811 ; d. Jan. 25, 188!), Jan. 30, 1834 ; three children : Helen A., Emeret Amelia, and Benjamin Frank. Family buried at Rod-man.
9. Elizabeth Huestis, b. May 8, 1814 ; d. Nov. 1,1892 ; buried in Fairview Cemetery, Rodman; m. Daniel King Edwards (brother of Rufus) .; eight children: Lydia Ann, Martha Jane, Mariette, Elizabeth, Innocent, Orren Franklin, John Sylvester, and Alice Medora. (For family genealogy see page).
10. Ruth (spelled Reuth) Huestis, b. Feb. 11, 1816,. at Rodman d. Dec. 17, 1890, at Darlington, Wis..; m. Rufus Edwards (brother of Daniel King); two children: Margaret Antometta, and Jennie Melissa.
11. Hugh Huestis, b. July 6, 1818, at Rodman; d. March 26,1870; buried in Fairview Cemetery, Rodman; m. Achsah Thompson; three children : Eunice (m. William Patrick,; d. Adams), Edwin (d. Mar. 2, 1841 buried at Adams, N. Y.), and Edgar.
Source: The Descendants of Rufus Edwards and Ruth (Huestis) Edwards