Fitzporter, Alonzo Leo M.D.
The following data is extracted from Centennial History of Missouri.
Dr. Alonzo Leo Fitzporter, physician and surgeon of St. Louis, in which city he was born July 23, 1884, is a son of Dr. John L. Fitzporter, who passed away June 15, 1915, at the age of seventy-six years, having long figured prominently as a representative of the medical profession in this city.
Dr. A. L. Fitzporter attended the parochial schools of St. Louis and afterward became a student in the St. Louis University, from which he was graduated with the Bachelor of Arts degree in 1906 and then entered upon his medical course, winning his M. D. degree in 1910. Following his graduation he served for eighteen months as interne in the Alexian Brothers Hospital and in the St. Francis Hospital of Colorado Springs, Colorado. With his return to St. Louis he entered upon private practice and devoting his attention to the general work of the profession has made steady progress through the intervening years. He belongs to the St. Louis, Missouri State and American Medical Associations. During the World war he was a first lieutenant of the Medical Corps, stationed at Camp Lee, Petersburg, Virginia, volunteering for service in September, 1918, and receiving his honorable discharge in May, 1919.
At Belleville, Illinois, February 8, 1911, Dr. Fitzporter was married to Miss Marie Krebs, a native of that place and a daughter of Otto and Mary (Guentz) Krebs. Dr. and Mrs. Fitzporter have become parents of a daughter, Mary Julia, born in Belleville, December 9, 1918. Of the Roman Catholic faith Dr. Fitzporter is identified with the cathedral and he belongs to the Knights of Columbus. His political endorsement is given to the republican party and he keeps informed concerning vital questions and interests, but has never sought nor desired political office, preferring to concentrate his energies and attention upon his professional duties, which he discharges most conscientiously, recognizing the responsibility that devolves upon the physician and surgeon.
Source: Centennial History of Missouri