Allen, William of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The following data is extracted from Allen Family Records.
M145 WILLIAM ALLEN: b. in Dungannon, Ireland, and d. in Philadelphia in
1725. He was an eminent merchant in the latter city. Allen m. Mary,
dau. of Thomas and Susanne Budd. They had
(1) John, James, William, b. Aug. 5, 1704, was Chief Justice of Philadelphia
and d. in London, England, in 1780, and Thomas, who d.
in Churchtown, N. Y., in 1794. He m. Elizabeth Shadwick. Their
(A) Thomas: b. 1742 and d. 1755.
(B) John B.: d. July 26, 1777.
(C) William: b. 1756 and d. Oct. 11, 1833. All of the above lived
and died at Taghkanic, N. Y. William m. Jane Shauerman and
had John, 1778-1831; Thomas, 1780-1859; William, 1787-1855;
Nicholas, 1792-1839; James, 1789-1869; Samuel, 1798-1871;
Henry, 1800-1890; Jeremiah, 1805-1896; Elizabeth,
1784-1860, and Peter, b. 1782 and d. 1865. He m. Hannah
Covel and had twelve ch., including
(a) Henry Lewis: b. Oct. 8, 1819; m. Elizabeth Macy. Their
1. John Howard: b. in New Jersey, July 28, 1857.
2. Charles Edward: b. 1863; m. Elizabeth Hallenbeck.
One son, Donald, b. 1904.
3. Clifford Henry: b. 1868; m. Helen Rossman, Albany,
N. Y. Deceased m., second, Anna Lynn, Toronto, Can.
4. Lewis Warren: b. Nov. 21, 1865; m. Edna Wallace
Ewer. One dau., Miriam Elizabeth, b. at Hartford,
Conn., 1898, and d. 1905.
Source: Allen Family Records