Allen, Joseph and Mary (Baker)
The following data is extracted from Allen Family Records.
Ch. of (i) Joseph and Mary (Baker) Allen.
1. Ethan: b. Jan. 10, 1737-38. 8 ch. See Chapters (I) and (H)
for additional facts.
2. Heman: b. 1740; m., 1778, Abigail Beebe, of Salisbury, Conn.
He d. 1778; captain of a company in a regiment of Green Mountain
Boys on an expedition to Canada; present at the battle of
Bennington as a member of the Committee of Safety. 3 ch. See
3. Lydia: b. 1742; m. Daniel Arms, of Suffield, Conn.; had 3 ch.:
Daniel, who d. unm.; Ira, who m. Betsy Holmes and settled in
the wilds of New York, and Lydia, who m. John Bush.
4. Heber: b. 1743; m., 1768, Sarah Owen, of Salisbury, Conn. He
was assistant judge of the Rutland shire of the Cumberland
County Court in 1778-79; assisted his brother Ethan in the capture
of Ticonderoga; Major of Militia under Gen. St. Clair at
the battle of Hubbardston; buried at Burlington. 5 ch.
5. Levi: b. 1745; m. Mrs. Anna Allen, of New Milford, Conn.,
1779. He m. second Nancy -------. He died in Bennington, Vt.,
1801. Had one child by the first wife, Anna, b. 1780; d. 1795.
6. Ira: b. Apr. 21, 1751; m. Jerusha Hayden, dau. of Gen. Roger
Enos, of Colchester. Ira d. in Philadelphia 1814. His wife d.
in 1838. He served with the Green Mountain Boys in the Revolution.
Source: Allen Family Records